8-Bit Spaceship 8-Bit Spaceship

Hm, neat!

This really reminds me of something 8-Bit Weapon would do, with more variation and more ambience! I could see this being used on a main menu for a game or something.

Overall, nicely composed. I don't see any major problems as far as the arrangement goes. I love the simple nature of it, too. Keep it up! :)

HarraH responds:

Thanks! The biggest problem I had when making this song was actually its arrangement. I'm glad that it turned out okay. I don't know any music theory so I kinda of try and work it out by ear and think "Okay, what should I put in text, how should I get this riff to travel smoothly to the next riff etc." but because I don't really know what I'm doing sometimes I worry that it just sounds like a collection of riffs with no backbone.

I'm glad it turned out good :D

The Sad End The Sad End

Beautiful, and very well-composed!

Ah, finally, something original on the audio portal! (All those crappy game midi uploads ripped from vgmusic.com are pissing me off.)

Firstly, it's a very well-composed piece. It could potentially bring tears! The arrangement itself is ALMOST there. Needs a little more work to really evoke the sadness from your audience. Sadly, this piece is really only marred by the low-quality samples. But that can be easily fixed with a really good piano soundfont! :) (Or you can just record yourself playing a real piano)

Overall, great job! Can't wait to hear more from you! :)

A Brief Intermission A Brief Intermission

Ooh!

A very soothing ambient piece! The synths you used in the background with the drums fit the piece very well. I could picture this being used as a menu theme for a game.

My only complaint is that it doesn't really branch off into much else. I know it's supposed to be an interlude, but a little more variety in the piece couldn't hurt.

Great job though!

Spaceship Spaceship

Whoa.

I am seriously in love with this piece. Very catchy and great instrumentation! I wish I could hear this kind of style more often! :D

Get Wizard [Electro] Get Wizard [Electro]

Nifty!

This is a rather nice piece! Has a nice party/ambient feel to it. The bass usage was great too!

I don't really have any suggestions. You COULD try expanding it a bit more, but that would probably take away from its simplicity and ambience.

Great job! Keep it up!

Cloud Forest Cloud Forest

Fantastic.

Very great ambient piece. I could picture it being used in a platformer that takes place in space!

Great effects, and great use of the Sytrus plugin!

Excellent! Keep it up!

x-Exodus-X responds:

Thanks man! Yeah, I could totally see that too. I'll check out your music now :)

Me, Myself and Why Me, Myself and Why

Yikes! Another fantastic piece!

Oh man, I love this. The instrumentation is amazingly catchy, or should I say... "funky!"

The only critique I can offer is to make the vocals sound more prominent, as they're overshadowed by the instruments.

Great job! Can't wait to hear more!

My Girlfriend is a Junkie My Girlfriend is a Junkie

Great!

Hahaha, I love these lyrics. Very catchy! Also, great job with the instrumentation. :D

Flowers in the Rain Flowers in the Rain

Fantastic!

Very, VERY impressive! The guitar solo in the beginning was AMAZING. It's very rare you hear live music of this quality on Newgrounds. It's a shame some people have given this low ratings, while poorly made trance music gets all the big honors!

Keep it up, man! I can't wait to hear more from you! :D

Monkeywithumbs responds:

Thanks for the kind words, Matt. Really means a lot!

Evening mist Evening mist

Ooh!

I've gotta say, this is fantastic. A very relaxing and well-composed piece! I'm afraid I don't have any criticism to give on this one.

I can't wait to hear more from you! And I hope your game comes along well! :D

Vertlain responds:

Thank you. More comming soon... I hope.